Where am I?
I’m currently living in Seoul, South Korea in a neighborhood filled with friends and fellow artists. I work in the international student services office at a university and am trying my hardest to perform and share my art as often as I can.
I’m currently reading: Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
What I’m working on right now:
1. Planning and running fun, low-level Dungeons and Dragons 5E adventures for my husband and friends, many of whom are actors and therefore super fun to play with. I have the goal of someday writing and publishing my own adventures; for now, I’m running pre-written modules purchased on the dmsguild. I’m taking notes on what I like about each adventure with the goal of reviewing them from the perspective of a new DM who is interested in narrative and character over other aspects of the game.
2. Rehearsing two short plays, as a director and a performer.
3. Trying to get back to my daily drawing.
4. Making my way through my tarot decks. I currently own the Wild Unknown deck and the gigantic, lush Dream Dust Shamanic Tarot deck. My card for August is The Empress and I’d be lying if I said that her active, abundant energy didn’t inspire me to revamp my personal website, send out my resume, and get shiny new headshots!
5. Taking care of a tiny little kitty who was abandoned by his mama in our neighborhood. He lives with us now.
I’m very inspired right now by:
– On Being with Krista Tippett, a project that keeps me grounded and helps me see the bigger picture during this tumultuous time.
– Wizard on the Wynd, a Dungeons & Dragons actual play podcast with a fantastic setting and a great group of roleplayers.
This page inspired by Austin Kleon.